UHC is currently providing Sexual Health services in-person, by phone, and through secure message. The fastest and most direct way to speak with your provider is to secure message them directly through the MyUHC portal. If you prefer to call and speak with someone to be triaged, call:
- 301-314-8184 - Primary Care
- 301-314-8190 - Women’s Health
Women’s Health Services:
Birth control starts (pills, depo, ring, patch): We are now able to place IUDs or Nexplanon Implants. Birth Control starts and refills may be obtained through appointment either in person OR through telemedicine.
For telemedicine visits: you must be in the state of Maryland at the time of the appointment, and you must be able to provide a current blood pressure reading. Blood pressure readings may be obtained by using an automated cuff (home cuff or at local retail store), or through a friend or family member who is able to take your blood pressure at home.
Birth control refills (local and out of state online extensions are available, arrangements can be made for UHC Pharmacy pick-up)
- for vaginal symptoms (including STI symptoms), abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, UTI, etc.
- for breast concerns
- Abnormal pap test follow-up, including colposcopy
- Asymptomatic (no symptoms) STI checks may be handled over the phone
Primary Care Sexual Health Services (for men or those better served outside of Women’s Health):
- STI (symptomatic and asymptomatic)
- Genital symptoms (including pain)
- Urinary problems