- Beginning August 24th
M-F: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- After-Hours Nurseline
We know that injuries and illnesses often are unexpected! Whether it is a sprained ankle while running to class or you wake up with a sore throat, know that the UHC is here for you! For patients who are in need of urgent medical conditions when they arise, we have multiple options for same day care available.
At the UHC Walk-In department, we are able to assess and treat the following medical conditions including, but not limited to:
- an asthma attack or trouble breathing
- chest pain
- allergic reaction
- high fever
- urinary tract infection
- bone or joint injuries
Before You Visit
In light of COVID-19, we ask that when possible, please call us ahead of your arrival at 301-314-8184, especially if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, shortness of breath, and/or cough. This can provide quicker triage, and further limit exposure to others.
On Saturdays, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you must call before your arrival so that you can be tested and triaged prior to entering the University Health Center.
For this reason, please allow ample time for testing and for your visit at the UHC.
In order to comply with the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 Healthcare Emergency Temporary Standard, we ask that you follow these instructions when seeking walk-in care at the UHC:
- When you arrive at the front entrance of UHC, you will need to self-screen for possible COVID-19 symptoms by following the instructions on the sign at the door.
- If you have any of these symptoms, you will be asked to proceed to the testing tent, located next to the UHC, to obtain a rapid COVID-19 antigen test. Results are typically available within 15-20 minutes, and you will receive a text message and email notification when they are complete.
- Upon receiving a negative test result, you may enter the building and head to the registration desk. If you test positive, further instructions will be provided to you by a nurse.
- At this time, visitors accompanying patients are generally not permitted in the building.
- If you believe you are experiencing a medical emergency, please notify staff at the front entrance and immediately proceed to the registration desk for assistance.
Patients who are seriously ill or injured may be sent to the emergency department of a local hospital.
- If you are unsure if your condition requires immediate attention, please call 301-314-8184 for assistance before coming to the Health Center.
- Be sure to wear your face covering over your nose and mouth. If you do not have a face covering, a UHC staff member will provide one to you.
- Please bring your University ID, health insurance card and a method of payment to your visit.