- Beginning August 24th
M-F: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- After-Hours Nurseline
We know that injuries and illnesses often are unexpected! Whether it is a sprained ankle while running to class or you wake up with a sore throat, know that the UHC is here for you! For patients who are in need of urgent medical conditions when they arise, we have multiple options for same day care available.
In light of COVID-19, we ask that when possible, please call us ahead of your arrival at 301-314-8184, especially if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, shortness of breath, and/or cough. This can provide quicker triage, and further limit exposure to others.
On Saturdays, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you must call before your arrival so that you can be tested and triaged prior to entering the University Health Center.
At the UHC Walk-In department, we are able to assess and treat the following medical conditions including, but not limited to:
- an asthma attack or trouble breathing
- chest pain
- allergic reaction
- high fever
- urinary tract infection
- bone or joint injuries
With the emergence of COVID-19, we are making the following updates to our entry, triage, and visitation, just to name a few:
- Upon entry, we ask that you wear a facial covering over your nose and mouth. If you do not possess one, a mask will be given to you by a UHC staff member.
- This UHC staff member will address your medical complaint, and take your temperature.
- If the initial triage warrants urgent medical attention, you will be taken to a designated area with continued care.
- If a same-day appointment can be made either in-person or through telemedicine, your UID and insurance information will be collected by a registration personnel.
- At this time, visitors accompanying patients are generally not permitted in the building.
Patients who are seriously ill or injured may be sent to the emergency department of a local hospital.
Before You Visit
- If you are unsure if your condition requires immediate attention, please call 301-314-8184 for assistance before coming to the Health Center.
- Be sure to wear your face covering over your nose and mouth.
- Please bring your University ID, health insurance card and a method of payment to your visit.