Hours & Contact Info
- Office Hours
M - F: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Located on the ground floor of the Health Center, the Occupational Health Service provides a number of work-related services to employees. Occupational Health works closely with the Department of Environmental Safety, Sustainability, and Risk to create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Pre-placement physical examinations are required for certain jobs on campus prior to starting work. Examinations may require further evaluation which may include pulmonary function testing, x-ray, lab work, or referral to a specialist.
- Pre-placement forms are required for the Animal Handler Program and the Respirator Program. These forms must be completed prior to enrolling in either of these programs.
- Work-related immunizations such as Hepatitis B; Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap), Influenza, and Rabies.
- Tuberculosis screening
- Medical surveillance for employees exposed to hazardous materials; working with asbestos, silica, noise, and pesticides; and employees with certain laboratory exposures.
- Initial and periodic health assessment for employees in need of Department of Transportation (DOT) certificates.
- Consultation and education on occupational health concerns.